CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Needing Something

Ok I have a question. Isn't a family suppose to be there for you no matter what you did or what happened? Well mine really isn't. They can pretend that I didn't pull the stunt I did a month ago and just push it off. But what they don't realize is that I need them now more then ever because of how I've been feeling lately. There has been alot of things that have occured not just because of a month ago but also from some stupid things that I did back in the summer. And now I feel so lost and I don't know where I belong. I left Northwest because I wasn't feeling at home there but now that I am back here I don't feel like I belong here either. I feel so empty and inadequate. I just want to be happy and I don't know where to do that at. I had a home that I thought was stable but it didn't stay. It was the first place that I thought I had actually belonged and now I don't know what to think.....So this next poem is one that I wrote a month ago after the incident. I'm sure you guys will be able to guess what happened and know that this poem is not the happiest but it was what I was feeling at the time before the incident. I hope you guys can learn something from my mistake and know that not everything is as bad as you think it is. This one is entitled Hourglass for now I'm trying to think of a new title.
Hourglass
The sands of time are slowly slipping through the hourglass
Counting down to our final breath
But what if it's too much time for you to bear
Each day is passing and no one can see the pain behind your eyes
You wear a mask to disguise the hurt and suffering
You question why you're here and if anyone really cares
Maybe they're better off
In a world where you are not
You empty the medication bottles
Looking for relief
Something to feel besides the pain
But what you feel is not what you had expected
Your body turns numb from what you had just done
Your breathing becomes heavy and your head starts to pound
You regret the decision after a while
But you don't move from where you are
You try to think of reasons to fight back
To change what you have just done
But none are coming
You lie there and think of all the reasons to have done this to yourself
To your friends and family
But the reasons don't make sense anymore
You close your eyes thinking that this is it
That nothing could reverse what was happening
But the end doesn't come
Just the answers you were looking for
You worked so hard to please everyone
Without really ever helping yourself
You over-reacted and worried over nothing
You led yourself down this path of destruction
No one else is to blame
You could have stopped it before it began
If you just would have fought for yourself
Instead of apologizing for things that weren't your fault
You get a second chance to run your own life
So move forward and don't look back
Look toward your future
Don't hesitate anymore
Be the person you want to be
No one can hold you back
And more importantly don't let the others suffer for something so selfish
The sand in your hourglass has not yet ran out

0 comments: