CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Looking Back at 2008

As 2008 is slowly coming to an end I can't help but look back over the last year and see all the good and bad things that have happened. I made some amazing friends, lost some that weren't that great, and reunited with friends that I hadn't talked to in a while. I've been in love with an amazing guy only to make careless mistakes which made him leave. I've grown closer to my family but only because of a bad situation that I put myself in. In every good thing that has happened was inevitably followed by something bad. I've been in and out of the hospital more times this year then the rest of my life combined. And I've made more mistakes then I can even count. I hurt many and was hurt by some. But without mistakes how will anyone ever learn. I learned alot about myself this year and I've made a real breakthrough with my writing. I can only hope that 2009 will be better for me in hopes that I learned some valuable lessons through all of my mistakes. I'll always cherish the special moments that occured in 2008 like watching Statepark perform for the first time, all the times in Kansas City, my friends that were always there for me through all the hard times, and all the good times spent with my now ex. So everyone have a Happy New Year and may 2009 be good to all. This next poem is one I wrote over the summer. It's about my ex the one that I dated in highschool. It's about letting go and moving on and that's what New Years is about letting go of the bad but not forgetting the good. Those are the memories worth keeping. This one is entitled Temporary Goodbye and please bear with me because this one is pretty long but I couldnt' stop writing after I began. Be Safe And Smart On New Years Eve!
Temporary GoodBye
What happened to the star crossed lovers I once knew?
The ones that could conquer any obstacle
Why did we finally fall in defeat?
I thought we would have fought for our love forever
But it didn't happen that way
We let our faults get the best of us
And in time our love faded and the fights grew
The fire that had once burned so fierce in our eyes
Soon died out
Then before we knew it, it was over
Don't think for a second
That I've forgotten you
Even though I've tried
But all of the memories of us
Keep filling my head
Our first date
The frist kiss
The first night together
We had so many plans
And now when I think back to the beginning
Everything felt too perfect
We were young and in love
But that was never enough
You wanted more
Maybe we're better off
But I can't help but miss you
And everything we once were
As it turns out we weren't so perfect
We wanted different things
I needed my freedom
And you wanted to settle
I wasn't ready for that
Or so I thought
But I can't help but think about it now when I'm lying in his arms
Why wasn't it that way with us
I was always looking for a way out
What made our love so different?
He at least attempts to see the real me
Something you never tried to do
You pushed and shoved for something that was never there
I never tried to be perfect
But that's what you wanted
A mindless doll that you could manipulate
And I didn't give inI fought for my spirit
And with that you burnt all of the bridge
sThat at one point had connected our 2 hearts
I've moved on
And I suggest you do the same
You'll always be in my heart
But never again in my arms
I'll never regret anything
And I know you won't either
Today we're different people
A little older and a little wiser
And soon our love will just be a memory
Many people will come in and out of our lives
But we'll still be there somewhere
Because love doesn't die it just changes
So I won't say goodbye
That's too permanent
I'll just say see you later And leave it at that for now

0 comments: